Monsoons are all about romance and the idea of a monsoon wedding is all things dreamy. Pulling it off successfully though, would require serious planning. Here’s the ultimate guide to make your wedding on a rainy day, a success and keep those Bridezilla moments at bay.
- We know you love pastels as much as we do but slightly darker colours are more practical for a monsoon wedding. You definitely wouldn’t want muck and stains on your wedding lehenga running those picture-perfect Insta worthy moments. If you can ensure that you wouldn’t have to step out at all, then pastels are perfect!
- Keep the wedding lehenga/saree/dress light, so you don’t have to struggle even if you are forced to step out due to some last-minute change of plans. Fabrics like crepe, chiffon, cotton, georgette, organza and cotton-silk blends not just look great but will ensure you are comfortable through the event. They are also easier to dry.
- Double dupattas and veils are in vogue but you may want to be careful with the length for your monsoon wedding.
- Get shopping for water proof make-up already!
- Flats are your friends during the monsoon, pick heels with caution. Good ol’ juttis and low heel ethnic sandals never disappoint.
- Use jewelry protector sprays and wrap your ornaments in a muslin or cotton cloth. For your outfits, having a mini- dehumidifier around always helps.
Lastly, ensure someone is in charge of keeping extra towels and umbrellas handy, in case some last minute errands crop up.
Moving on to wedding lehengas specially curated for you from 6Degree Wedding edits
As light as a feather, this lehenga by Label Nikita will ensure you are comfortable while you dance and make memories of a lifetime.
This lovely red floral crepe skirt and blouse with organza dupatta by Juhi Bengani is simply stunning. Complete the look with a choker and hair left loose.
This turquoise blue crepe lehenga with taffeta lining and dupatta, will ensure you feel like queen that you are.
This blush pink lehenga with a peplum blouse by Pink Peacock Couture, is all things glam. The lehenga is made of organza, dupion, and tabi silk base with sequins embroidery.
This sunshine yellow lehenga is all things bright and beautiful. The Pink Peacock Couture lehenga is made from a dupion base with chevron and butta sequins embroidery. It is paired with a matching blouse and net dupatta.