Style guide for the new brideIn the next part of our wedding series, we take a look at styles you should include in your honeymoon wardrobe. Shopping for your honeymoon isn’t as simple in the times of Insta perfect pictures but it’s also important to keep in mind the location you are travelling to. Being your first trip as a couple post the craziness of planning the nuptials, relax and prepare to make memories that will last a lifetime. We have expert fashion designer Terrence Lobo to guide you about what to include in your wardrobe, no matter the location you are travelling to!
Bollywood costume designer Terrence Lobo, has worked on popular films and songs, most recently Nora Fatehi’s song Pachtaoge (female version). He has worked under celebrated designers like Ana Singh, Ashley Rebello, Alvira Khan Agnihotri, Archana Wavalkar and many more. Having worked on more than 15 movies, including superstar Salman Khan’s Bharat and Radhe, his clothing line covers everything from couture bridal wear to avant-garde.
Today, he joins 6Degree to take over your post wedding shopping.
The must haves-
A good perfume, lingerie, body wash and lotion, basic makeup products, sunscreen and comfortable flip flops, should always be in a newly wedded bride’s bag, irrespective of the location.
Wardrobe for the Beach
- A comfortable bikini set with a sarong or a kaftan to complete the look.
- Flowy dresses for the day paired with platform heels or sneakers should work well together.
- Floral kaftans, Shibori (tie-dye) prints, white cottons fabrics, are all beach wear friendly and can be worn in such tropical places.
- For dinner a nice and vibrant looking evening dress can worn.
- Accessories like hats, a small and neutral coloured fanny pack, neon or bright coloured jewellery can be worn to complete the above-mentioned beachwear looks.
Wardrobe for the Mountains
- For a romantic bonfire dinner, pack a bomber jacket paired with a nice dress or a playsuit.
- A casual evening blazer to throw over the shoulders and a contrasting dress to pair with it or a flap pocket peach, purple or black jumpsuit can also be worn.
- Athleisure wear for trekking or for outdoor couple activities.
- A zipper, track pants, a sports bra, leggings, boots, a light backpack, running shoes can be carried.
- Bright coloured clothes should be worn to oppose the earthy colours of the mountainous area.
Wardrobe for the forest
- For a forest tour or safari, colours like olive, ochre, brown, leaf green, beige, nude etc can be worn.
- For outdoor activities leggings can be worn with a long top. If in case a shorter top is worn then a shirt can be tied around the waist to add definition.
- A sports bra can be worn with a pair of shorts and a leather jacket can be added to complete the ensemble or leggings can be paired with a chic yet comfortable coat. Mix sporty looks with sophisticated looks to make your own version.
- A chic LBD for a romantic forest dinner with minimal accessories and comfortable footwear should work wonders.
- A long full sleeve lace top, with a high waisted drawstring beige trousers, paired with small hoop earrings and a hat should also be another ensemble one can consider.
Wardrobe for the desert
- For a daytime desert safari pack high waisted khaki pants paired with a white shirt, a big statement making belt, with a hint of gold accessories
- For a desert cookout, a strappy flowy long dress can be worn. Colours like coral, teal and aqua are some options that will look good in this case.
- A T-shirt or a top with a wraparound floral skirt, long flowy linen dresses, a beige or a nude bomber jacket, paired with a nude shirt, and a pair of nude shorts, accessorised with a brown belt, bag and shoes are some looks that one can consider.
- Accessories like a big hat, delicate rose gold bracelets and anklets, sunglasses and a sling bag are other really beautiful add-ons.
Now that you are all set here’s to a lifetime of happiness and many more fun trips!